Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Happy Endings

Yesterday, as I trudged home from work feeling somewhat under the weather, all I could think about was getting home, putting on some sweats, and curling up to watch a movie. I was somewhat dismayed when I remembered that I had eaten my last Edy’s Whole Fruit popsicle and thus had no sweet movie-watching snacks – but I was too tired to battle my way through the checkout line at Safeway.

So I continued home, and found this:
Godiva chocolates,

and long-stemmed roses.

From whom, you ask? Only the world’s best boyfriend! I keep him anonymous because I assume he would want it that way, so suffice it to say – sweetheart, you’re the best! I love you.

I then settled in with some knitting and a movie, and chomped on the chocolates. Bliss!

On to the knitting. As promised, a photo of the completed baby sweater. Let’s just call it “Rainbow Brite,” shall we?




Pattern: Daisy, from Knitty. (Written by the infamous Yarn Harlot.)
Yarn: Schaefer Yarns’ Little Lola (it’s the same as Lola, just a smaller skein).
Difficulty: Easy peasy! Just lots of ends to weave in.
Completion time: About one week for knitting and sewing up.


This will be for my friend A. On a suggestion from a co-worker, I plan to customize it for a boy or girl by choosing more gender-specific buttons. One baby gift down, two more to go! I am going to try this pattern in my continuing quest for the world’s easiest, best baby sweater.

I have completely stalled on Lucky! I will try to get back into it and work on the sleeves this weekend. Meanwhile, I have finally started working on the Rebecca Wrap Cardi. I have also begun to organize my stash – perhaps there will be more on this later. And Lauren, I have considered being a librarian! In fact I’m still deciding what I want to be when I grow up, and this is still in the list of possibilities!

Happy knitting, everyone – may all your purls be perfect!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, so nice of your boyfriend! awwwwww.

The Rainbow Brite sweater came out great. I do love the way that yarn works.

We have both stalled on the Lucky sweater! I am half a sleeve in, and entertaining thoughts of not continuing.. ((shhhh don't tell)) I found the Rebecca Cardi and Lucky very similar in style. What do you think about knitting two eyelet wrap sweaters?

Anonymous said...

anonymous? ah, so you are really brad pitt's woman and being so secretive!