Hello out there...I realize I have been somewhat MIA lately. It seems I have temporarily lost my knitting mojo. I am sluggish on Shimmer, lax on Lucky, and remiss on the Rebecca wrap cardi! Sigh. It seems all I can do these days is buy yarn.
I have a ton of cotton yarn for making tank tops, but Washington has hardly broken 70 lately. I have a ton of yarn for baby items, but everything seems the wrong gauge for the wrong project, or the wrong color (too much pink and blue - lesson learned!). I have my MD S & W purchases, but all of that stuff is wool (surprise) and it seems not very optimistic to knit with wool since summer in DC should be getting started any minute.
So. I'll give you a quick pic of my Purl purchases from last weekend. Did I mention that they will wind all your yarn for you? So this pic is what the Lorna's Laces (specially dyed for Purl, don'tcha know) looks like wound. There's also some Louet Gems Opal.
Shimmer is the closest to completion. I did finally figure out the circular yoke technique, which is needed for this pattern though curiously absent from it. Huh. Anyway, now it's just a matter of buying more stitch markers to track the decreases as well as getting over my usual counting problem. There is hope.
I was busy this weekend hanging out with the b.f., with whom I saw Revenge of the Sith. (Yes, I am a closet Star Wars fan!) It was awesome - I think it rivals Empire Strikes Back for the best episode in the series. The dialogue was mostly just mediocre, and not really horrible; special effects were amazing, and the story was very engaging.
Anyway, more knitting content soon, I swear! I'm going to one of my favorite knit nights tonight, so hopefully that will help restore the mojo. Til then - happy knitting!
Tuesday, May 24, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Dana,
Hey neighbor! Your trip to NYC looked like so much fun. I'm also a closet Star Wars fan. I have fond memories of the time I spent waiting in line to see the Empire Strikes Back back in the day.
I have to tell you that I really enjoy your blog. It makes me feel less insane to know that there is someone equally addicted to knitting/yarn as I am!
Evelyn
(from DC Knitting in the City)
http://www.nubianweb.com/brnwebgrrl
Is it in the second Austin Powers movie that Austin loses his Mojo? Maybe you should watch that for clues as how to regain your mojo.
I had a knitting slump a little while ago. I'm not sure just what knocked me out of it but you might try browing pattern books at the LYS, bookstore, or library.
I saw the Sith this week too. The acting was really pretty bad (again) and I wish there had been more of Padme. I loved her costumes from the previous two movies. My favorite scene was Obi-Wan riding that lizard and fighting the big, bad robot general. It was truly living creatures versus machines during that scene. I found the killing of the younglings quite disturbing though.
Post a Comment