Thursday, August 18, 2005

Back in the Saddle

I’m back! And now that I am, I can see I was gone a long time. What has everyone in blog-land been up to? I’m looking forward to catching up on everyone’s knitting adventures.

My adventures lately have been of a different kind – the packing, flying, moving in, unpacking kind. Through all of that I was still working for my former employer, which added a level of delight to the whole process, as you can imagine! (ha) But I’m happy to report that I’m finished with that and getting ready to write the next chapter of my life.

Knitting has begun again, albeit slowly. I’ve started on the Debbie Bliss Matinee Coat, a gift for a friend. Here’s a work-in-progress shot:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Also, I’m excited to be going to my first Chicago knitting group tonight! The famed Bonne Marie organizes a group that meets twice a month on Thursdays. I haven’t been getting out much since I’ve been in Chicago, so I’m REALLY thrilled to be going.

In other news, I bought a Mac! This has been a long time coming – I’ve been thinking about it since before I got my iPod last January, and I finally took the plunge. I’m looking forward to seeing how this will affect the blog once I learn more about its software and features.

Anyway, sorry for the disappearance, but I hope everyone will keep reading! I haven’t forgotten about the Knitting Sisters review – that will be a coming attraction. Hope everyone is doing well!

Happy knitting!

3 comments:

Dr.Moi said...

glad you're back! hope you're settling well.

Michelle said...

Ah-ha! Found you!!
It was great meeting you tonight, and I hope to see you at the next KIP!

Take care,
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Hey! Welcome back. Hope you are getting settled and have more time for knitting now!