In knitting news, I still haven’t finished my Simply Marilyn! It still needs a few seams. My goal is to finish before I start work next Monday. But seeing as how I haven’t picked it up for a couple weeks, I’m not sure if I’ll make it.
But I have finished another long term project, the Matinee Jacket from the Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino book. I think it turned out pretty well:

I still need a skinny ribbon to lace through the tiny eyelets below the seed stitch section. Then, this little cutie will be off to my friend M., whose niece will be the recipient. I hope it fits her!
The other thing I did is learn Fair Isle! Well, I did one swatch – I certainly haven’t learned everything there is to know. But I was surprised at how easy it was. I used the instructions in the Knitscene magazine; they made it seem so doable.


Believe it or not, this is the FIRST TIME in about 10 years of off-and-on knitting that I have EVER used more than one color. I have to say, it was fun! I’m ready to try a small Fair Isle project. I’ve always thought it would be wonderful to make Christmas stockings for each member of my family, ones that we would always keep and put up every year. Maybe now this will become a reality!
Anyway, sorry for the infrequent posts. I think life should start getting back to normal soon so I will become a regular blogger once more. I really appreciate everyone stopping by and leaving comments. I love hearing from you and also seeing what you are up to on your own blogs.
Hugs to all of you! Happy knitting.


8 comments:
What a GORGEOUS baby sweater! Is it for any special baby in particular? They're one lucky kid! I just might have to pick up that Knit Scene magazine. Looks like an interesting read. ;-)
Love the baby sweater!! And congratulations on trying out Fair Isle. It looks fab.
Congrads on the new job. Good to see your life is starting to come together in the new city!
See, fair isle isn't so scary! Your tension looks good - that is the key to a fair isle sweater. If it's too tight, it might not fit over your head or chest!
Wow, not even striping?! I can't believe that. I have to say, I'm ALWAYS choosing knits with stripes, and why, I don't know, as I hate switching colors, and weaving ends. Your Fair Isle looks awesome, I tried it in hats, but they look crappy. It was before I knew what Fair Isle and intarsia even WERE, so I just did my own weird thing.
The baby sweater looks beautiful.
Nice job on the fair isle! and its knit it back and forth.. you've got the skills :-)
Great news on the job, and great job on the knits!! Congratulations on everything!
Good luck with the wedding planning! It's fun, but can also get a little hairy sometimes...
Congrats on the new job!
Your fairisle looks fab, playing with color is fun. A different knitting experience, but fun. Before you know it you'll be tackling Alice Starmore.
P.S. Thanks for the encouragement on my own job situation.
The baby sweater is fantastic, although it's even more fantastic in person!
Post a Comment