Although I wasn't personally tagged, I thought it would be fun to answer these questions.
Your favorite needles?
Clover circs, hands down. I have other needles, but if I could replace them all with Clovers, I would. I also like Brittany needles.
The worst thing you've ever knit?
Smooch, from a Rowan pattern book. It had a lace edging at the bottom, which required reading a chart. It was my first chart-reading project, and I must have knit those dozen or so rows about four times before I got it right. The rest of the garment didn’t go any better…I got about 90% done and couldn’t get any further. I started it at least two years ago and just frogged it this summer.
Your most favorite knit pattern? (maybe you don't like wearing it)
I loved making the Whitby socks from Knitting on the Road. They were a gift, so I don’t wear them – but the pattern was so clever. You didn’t have to memorize it, and it looked really beautiful although it was so straightforward. Nancy Bush is a genius in my book.
Most valuable knitting technique?
Probably knitting with dpns. Then I could make socks, and came to understand the concept of circular knitting. (Yes, there was once a time when I could not envision what this was or why you would want to do it!)
Best knit book or magazine?
Knitting on the Road by Nancy Bush. I love the stories behind her patterns, and the patterns themselves are very well written. I’ve learned some great tips from this book with applications beyond socks, like hole-free methods for picking up stitches, and ways to create an invisible seam when you join your first round in circular knitting. Another favorite is Last-Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson. I could page through it for hours; I find it really calming. Maybe that's weird.
Your favorite knit-a-long?
The Lucky-along was fun; I met a lot of nice people through their blogs. I didn’t finish my sweater, though - maybe this winter!
Your favorite knitblogs?
I have lots of favorites, but the ones which come to mind are: ChicKnits, for a perfect cocktail of fun, beautiful knitting and patterns, and great design; Purly Whites for her knitting engineering, and Crazy Aunt Purl because she’s Crazy Aunt Purl.
Your favorite knitwear designer?
Whenever I see a design I like, it’s often by Norah Gaughan. I don’t think I’ve made any of her designs, though.
The knit item you wear the most? (how about a picture of it!)
I have a few spring/summer items, but truthfully, I don’t wear my knitting very much. I’m hoping to change that by making more things this winter. I do really like my Soleil tank top, though.
I don't think I will tag anyone, since it seems like everyone has done it already. Good clean fun.
Tuesday, November 08, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Aaawww! I'm so pleased to be one of your favorites! I always enjoy seeing what you are up to as well and I'm glad you did this meme, I like hearing more about you.
Post a Comment