Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Howdy

Thanks so very much for the warm wishes after I spewed my anti-wedding propaganda. It means a lot to me to know you are all rooting for me! I could get more detailed about what is actually happening, but - sometimes it bores even ME so I can imagine how you would feel. Suffice it to say, I'm now cautiously optimistic that we might just pull off this wedding thing. Fingers crossed...

Even though I have done very little knitting lately, I did do some seaming - which as it turns out was more productive. See below for my moment of zen:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And a closer look:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Project details: Debbie Bliss Lara pattern. Made in Ellen's 1/2 Pint Farm 100% merino, hand-dyed (Colorway: Stormy Skies) - purchased at Maryland Sheep & Wool 2005.

This pattern was a dream: so easy to follow and designed with minimal seaming (it's made in one piece). I was really worried that the sleeves would be too long - I lengthened them, but it turned out okay because part of the sleeve is really the shoulder. I would love to make several more - maybe even one in a cotton blend.

I have some projects to finish, but of course my mind is already on the next new project. I ordered a new yarn from Cascade called Cloud 9 - they have it at Webs - and am planning a short-sleeved sweater to wear this spring. I don't think I can call it my own design, but it borrows some ideas and motifs and combines them in my own way. I'm excited and waiting on pins and needles for my yarn to arrive in the mail.

Catch you later!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely sweater. I love the colors. It's been on my to do list.

Nik said...

that sweater is gorgeous. i love the color you chose.

Melissa said...

nice sweater! it seems the wedding craziness has subsided for the moment. thanks for the comment on my blog and i just might need some suggestions on the whole wedding planning thing. and maybe i'm just retarded and it's way too early, but i couldn't find your email link on the sidebar. if you could just email me at noxious13@yahoo.com that would be great and i'll be in touch!

Jenna said...

Personally, I think you should spew MORE anti-wedding propaganda. It like a bit of craziness to be mired in. Thankfully, you have an absolutely Beautious sweater to do your planning in style. When is the big day, btw?

Michelle said...

Gorgeous! That sweater has been on my "someday" list for a while...I'd always been thinking I'd do it in a solid color, but I love the variegation on yours! Decisions, decisions...

Anonymous said...

Hey! This is so cute. I've only seen this sweater done out of the alpaca silk but it looks fab in a multi-color yarn.

Bonne Marie said...

I am calling your sweater "Helen of Troy" because its beauty has launched a thousand stitches!

We will all be making one very soon.

BRAVA! It is so much more interesting in that scrumptious variegated yarn...

Maryland Girl aka Michelle said...

The LARA is beautiful. I have some Ellen's Half Pint marinating in my stash also from a MD S& W purchasing binge. I have eye'd LARA before. You have inspired me.

goodkarma said...

Your Lara turned out beautifully! The variegation of that handpainted yarn is perfect. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous sweater -- a fabulous use of a lovely handpaint. Love the pose!