Meanwhile, I've been working on a wool sweater, which now seems pretty moot. The spring-summer switch has been flung and today Chicago is supposed to hit 77 degrees.
So, what to knit now? Well, despite my lack of pink/red FOs last month, I am a Project Spectrum participant. Combine that with a sale at my favorite LYS, and you get

BAM!
Some spunky orange cotton-silk. This is a new yarn: Lang Lyra. I’m hoping it will "sing" on my needles! I was thinking about making the Picovoli, or maybe another Soleil tank. Any other ideas for a bright slice of orange?
Last night I worked on a swatch, and aside from a little snagging, it knits up beautifully. It's one of those yarns where, even if your stitches aren't perfect (and whose are), once you've done a few rows, the yarn makes them look perfect. Which makes me think: there must be engineers involved making this yarn. It's like designing a building for a quake zone, or maybe a bridge - you can't prevent the forces that would pull the structure apart, but you can account for them and use design to neutralize them. I know there must be textile engineers, or something...I wonder if they are knitters? Or do they just like physics?


2 comments:
That is such pretty yarn! The idea of yarn engineers is funny - there must be some engineering involved, I'd never thought about that.
Hey! I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to hear how it is to be married? :)
Don't worry patti, you're not the only one! :)
I might be undercover here; this is Elizabeth from knitting. I'm resurrecting the knitting blog on blogger, so you're more than welcome to leave a note!
http://fray-chicago.blogspot.com
Though I can imagine you're a little busy this month, y'know, being married and all. The wedding stuff didn't stop after the wedding, that was the part I always found amazing!
Post a Comment