
(name erased to protect the cute)
It's always nice to know you've been missed...
Anyway, projects! I've been working on a baby sweater, for my coworker who is about to be a dad for the second time. The pattern is from Reynolds, but I'm using Blue Sky Dyed Cotton which is sooo soft. It will look pretty much like this sweather I made last summer. Hopefully I'll be done tomorrow.
Also, I just discovered that there's a knitalong for Norah Gaughan's book, Knitting Nature. I looked at some of the projects people have already started, and it makes me want to start on a big ol' wool sweater instead of making summer knits! I've been feeling a pull toward Manos, Cascade 220 and other wooly yarns...maybe I should just do it! I can always save a cotton project for Knit in Public Day (June 10). My wrists get a little sore with the cotton, so maybe a wool project would be just the thing.


7 comments:
Awww! I had to get that in right away... I'm afraid that Mr. Net-Shy will not let it live here forever. But tell him he needs to set a good example for all the other knitters' spouses. Also tell him that chocolate takes care of aching wrists.
Oh, and a question for you... do you know what gauge is required for the Green Gables project? I'm thinking about making it from a yarn I already have, but if I can't make gauge I don't want to be tempted into buying new yarn.
Awwww. That is the sweetest cutest thing ever. I keep hearing so much about the Knitting Nature book that I'll have to check it out.
Awww, so cute!
Aaawwwwww! This just reinforces the fact that I need to get a markerboard for our apt.
Thanks for your research on cruelty free wool.
I checked out your link on the side-bar. I recently saw a video on the practices in Australia and was very shocked.
maybe he should just learn to knit, huh?
Post a Comment