...Actually, it's THIRTY-EIGHT DEGREES AND RAINING! I have to say, for the first time since we moved here in July, I would like to revoke my Chicago residency. This is just TOO COLD for May. However, I did break out my Lara sweater today, which was a nice suprise since I thought I wouldn't see her again until next fall/winter. Sadly, no Orange Peel outing this week.
Speaking of Madame Orange Peel - thanks so much for your compliments! It's great to get the feedback. This was my first top-down raglan (really!) and I'd love to make another. Probably not for a while, though - all the stockinette hurt my hands.
I've settled on my next project. Although I bought the new Norah Gaughan book, I've picked one of her older patterns, from Vogue Knitting last summer. There's a photo here. The only dilemma is, which yarn to use? The pattern calls for Trendsetter Spiral, which is a) discontinued and b) acrylic. I'm hoping to find a reasonably priced cotton (or linen or silk) blend that has some texture (or variegation) but won't stretch out too much over time. Tall order! I'm thinking of something like Classic Elite Flash, Artful Yarns Olympic, or GGH Linova. Linova is really hard to find online in a color I want, and the Flash and Olympic are both multicolored (or "marled,"I guess) but you can't tell from the photos online how they'll knit up.
What's a girl to do? Well, that brings me to my next topic: my college reunion. This summer is my 10th college reunion and for some crazy reason I have decided to go. All of my friends are going too, so that will be lots of fun...but then it hit me: I can go to Webs! My alma mater is very close to this yarn mecca, but I've never been there! But I read Stephanie's post and saw her photos - so I think this will be just the place to find some awesome summer yarn for this project.
There may be more angst about the reunion as it approaches (at the end of the month). But for now, there is only anticipation about the fibery goodness and friends in my future!
One last thing - I put up a few wedding photos on my flickr account here, in case anyone is interested. (There are none of my sweetie, though, because he likes being anonymous in the blog-o-sphere.)
Friday, May 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
I love that pattern, too...I had a hard time deciding whether to knit that one or the one on the next page! I will definitely do this one eventually. I remember seeing a finished one on a blog a while back that was knit in Cascade Sierra, a cotton/wool blend. I did Michael's Christmas sweater out of that yarn and was really happy with it. Worth a look.
Will you be KIP-ping this week? I can actually go!
Yum, that cake looks gorgeous! Thanks for posting the wedding photos... I have to get in my little bits of cooing, even if it's in private. I also love that Green Gables top more every time I come by; I'm thinking about getting it and playing with the gauge so that it will fit the yarn I'm trying to use. (Save this comment. These are famous last words.)
What a beautiful dress! Looks like a wonderful ceremony.
The wedding photos are so nice.
I like that hooded sweater. Have you taken a look at elann? I know they have released some cotton blends lately.
The wedding pictures are so sweet, and Orange Peel looks awesome!
There's a picture here of a sweater in CE's Flash yarn. I think the marled yarn makes the sweater more casual. http://www.classiceliteyarns.com/pattern_detail.php?patternID=19#
See you @ KIP.
Post a Comment