Monday, May 08, 2006

Ta Da...

I give you...

Orange Peel!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Why the name? Because after seeing this photo - the shirt looks so tight, you'd have to peel it off!! Ha ha. It's actually not tight, just very fitted. I was trying to make it as fitted as possible, in case the yarn stretches out.
    Project Specs:

  • Green Gable pattern, for sale at Zephyr Style
  • Yarn: 4 1/2 balls of Lang Lyra, 54% Cotton, 46 % Silk - purchased at Loopy Yarns
  • Gauge: approximately 5.5 sts=1" on US 6s
  • Modifications: I added waist shaping so the shirt would go over my tummy! Also, I made the torso a LOT longer. (Note: I am 5'8''.)
  • Time to knit: About 3 weeks

All in all, a fun knit! I would recommend this pattern. I would also recommend the yarn, at least to knit with - we'll see how it holds up.

Hmmm...what's next? I have sock yarn for May Project Spectrum - but I need another larger project. I like the idea of having a sock (or other portable) project and a big project going at all times. I'm still finishing the shrug project from the last Interweave, so I have some time to think. There's some cute tops in the new Interweave, but I need to check the stash first. Plus, the lovely Shobhana has a GREAT sleeveless top pattern out...that might be next on the list. So many possibilities! It's a fun dilemma.

Happy knitting, all! Check you later.

13 comments:

Erica Bunker said...

Great job! What tummy? Girl, you look hot! I love the fit.

Unknown said...

Looks great on you! Good color.

Melissa said...

very nice and it fits you so well! i really love that pattern!

Trope said...

WHOO! Totally fabulous. Now I want that pattern, too, for my big tank top plans.

ashayne said...

Wow! It looks fantastic, and YOU look fantastic! Brava!!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks amazing on! Enjoy it -- it's the perfect summer top! (We met at KIP last time -- hope to see you again next week, or sometime soon!)

Jenna said...

Just as I imagined, it looks absolutely awesome on you. The fiber mix in the yarn sounds nice, you'll definitely have to give the update on how it holds up.

Kathleen said...

Not everyone could carry that off, but I think it looks GREAT on you. Wear with pride.

Chrissy said...

The top is gorgeous and the color looks wonderful on you... good work girl!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by and joining the convo!

Your orange top looks fabulous! I always enjoy seeing wonderful knitting before I go into the yarn shop where I work. Beautiful!

Judy said...

Girl, this is the best 'green gable' of all that I've seen made! The yarn puts this sweater in a different class: the drape, the fit, the color....all perfect. I bought the pattern and now I know what yarn to buy. Thanks! Good job.

Mary said...

Wow - orange peel is gorgeous! And looks fab on you - helps to have a fab sweater-girl figure, doesn't it!

Funny side story -- when my sister was in college, during her summer breaks she worked down at the beach and stayed in an ugly orange house with friends, and the name of the house was the "Orange Peel". Oh the stories those walls could tell!

Josiane Mukasa said...

Wwow i like your orange peel.LOOKS GREAT ON YOU!!