Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Tidbits

Hi all! It's been a while since my last post. I don't have pix to share, so I guess that's the reason.

Last night my husband and I went to see The Roots (and Talib Kweli) in concert. Aside from the poor sound quality at the venue it was jammin'. It was a late night for a Monday but well worth it. I was even tempted to go to the aftershow, a DJ set with ?uestlove - but given how tired I was the next day I guess I was kinda glad we didn't!

I've continued to work on my Ribby Shell - it looks pretty much the same as my last pic. I've also been working on a ribbed wool hat from some Morehouse Merino Chunky wool - it turned out pretty well, though a little small for the hubby. No matter - for some reason, hats are a challenge for me, so every time I make one I just hope to get a little better at it.

Did y'all get the new Interweave? I LOVE this issue. There are so many things I would like to make, and even the things that don't suit me personally are still really good patterns. (I don't always think this about Interweave.) I made a collage of my favorites.

Two more days and we're off on our honeymoon! It will be a much needed break from work, as well as some bonding time with the hubby before he gets busy with the fall semester. I'll try to keep the yarn store-hopping to a minimum (grin), but Portland is just overflowing with them! I've picked out a few that seem neat and that also have local yarn brands: Lint, Knit Purl, and Mabel's Cafe and Knittery.Not to mention the one at the beach, Siren Song Stitchery (love the alliteration). Anyway, I'll try not to overdo it.

I may not get to post before I leave, but I plan to blog at least once while I'm away. In the meantime, happy knitting! Ciao bellas!

3 comments:

Trope said...

Everyone else seems to get their Interweave about four days before I do... perhaps I should be more timely about paying the bill next year?? I can't wait to see all the patterns--I love that little shawl!

Hope I'll see you at KIP tonight...

Jenna said...

Ooh, the Roots and Talib must have been FUN - I've heard that the roots put on an amazing live show. I saw Talib for free when I was in college, fun. Staying out late isn't as easy as it used to be though!

I like many of the new designs in Interweave as well - I'll have to pick up a copy.

Have so much fun in Portland, I know you will!

Melissa said...

Have fun on your trip!