Behold, the Lindy bag:

Well, it's not a bag yet, but --it's drinkin' milk! You'll see, one day it's going to be a handbag! If you want to get the pattern, it seems like the best thing is to go here and email the designer, Amy Swenson. She can tell you which stores carry her patterns. (I bought it in Moorhead, MN.)
I haven't learned to knit continental, so I just change colors by dropping one yarn and picking up the other (first color over, second color under). Tension seems pretty good, although I'm told that blocking helps color work quite a bit. (It looks kinda twisty because this was a before-work picture and I didn't have time to smooth it out all arty-like.) And even if it's not perfect the darn thing's getting felted, so I'm not going to get in a knot about it. I'll let you know how it goes.
So that's all I've got to report for today! TGIF!! Party at Loopy tonight, maybe I'll see you there? If not - have a good weekend, everyone!


7 comments:
Looks like you are making good progress with your project. I'm hoping to finish my green glob by Monday, wish me luck!
That store you mentioned. Wow, I could live there - do they take in borders? I've warned my HS senior that if he keeps giving me lip, I'll convert his room to my craft spa and put a futon for him in the basement!
I love that colorwork. For your first time you are doing amazing.
Congrats on tackling this complicated project! It looks really great, you could even manage without felting it. It's going to be tres chic when it's finished.
Your Lindy looks just perfect, and it's going to make a great bag for autumn & winter. Are you adding a little button closure or some other accent?
Wish I could have joined the gang at Loopy's party, but I'm out of town this week. I went by the store before I left, but I couldn't take all the yarn home with me. ;)
that is so awesome. I love the houndstooth print. I want to get into intarsia and fair isle this year... I've been too chicken.
I lost your blog for a while. Now you're bookmarked, so I can drop by and see your great accomplishments...since I don't seem to be able to get myself into a project lately:)
can't wait to see it felted! it's going to be so cute.
i don't knit continental for colorwork either. it's a pain dropping each color and picking up the other, but i've survived and it seems you have too!
Post a Comment