Things have been crazy, though mostly in a good way. Wednesday, I went on a business trip to D.C. (well, Alexandria), which was great because I got to see my best friend A. My boss and I were supposed to leave on Friday, but got snowed out. I say snowed out because DC was a lovely 70 degrees - while Chicago was getting buried with snow and ice. So I got to hang with A. not once, but twice in three days! I also got some goodies at Stitch DC - no pic yet, but I will share soon, because the yarn I picked up is cool.
As far as knitting goes, I somehow find myself sucked into the vortex of holiday knitting. I did my best to avoid it, but it happened anyway. Right now I'm working on some dishcloths which will probably be gifts for my co-workers. It's never good to be caught empty-handed when a colleague gives you a gift! Here's a really bad pic from my cell phone:

(knitting at work - sshhh!)
The other thing I wanted to share is more knitting news. Have you ever heard of Colorsong Yarns? They have the best selection of Fleece Artist and Handmaiden yarns I've ever seen, which is great in and of itself - but now they've launched NatureSong, an online shop of natural yarns. Did you know Habu makes cashmere yarn? Check it, friends.
Anyway. That's pretty much all I have to say, except for this:

A stealthy shot of Benetton's yarn tree decoration. Kinda cool, but shouldn't someone be knitting with that stuff?!?


4 comments:
The force of holiday knitting is strong. As hard as you try, it's hard to escape it. Dishclothes are a great idea for an easy gift.
Nice colors on the dish cloth, they still come through even on the cell phone picture. Love that yarn tree.
I thought of you when I heard of all that snow and you luckily missed it! and, what better way to miss a seasonal flairup but with knitting in an exotic place (yes DC can be exotic)!
What's with the retailers? American Eagle had balls of yarn hanging in their display windows as well. I love my hubby, we walked by and I pointed it out and he said, "Meh, it's probably acrylic." *sigh* this is why I married him. *L*
Post a Comment