Yes, you heard me. I'm having surgery on February 8. It's somewhat scary but I think it will be okay. I've never had surgery before, or had a reason to rest long-term for anything other than a broken bone (and that was when I was 6). I think the inactivity and temporary loss of my independence is almost scarier than the surgery.
On the plus side, I should have some quality knitting time to look forward to. When I first found out about this, I was wracking my brains for a special project to start and finish during my recuperation: a lace shawl, a cabled afghan, etc. But then I decided...screw it. It's too much pressure, and I'm not sure I want an item that just reminds me of a scary and painful time. I'm just going to do whatever I feel like and finish old projects, start new ones, swatch, practice crochet, or anything that comes to mind. My brain - and my body - need a break from deadlines and projects.
Oh, knitting? Right. I've been steadily working on my sweater, but realized through trial and error that it did _not_ need waist decreases. In fact, adding in waist decreases created a significant 'pooch' on the sides of the sweater. Not attractive. So after all this work...

(about 14 inches of fabric)
...I'm back to the picture you saw in the last post. Sigh. Oh well, knit and learn! Later, y'all...


13 comments:
Oh wow...I hope you're ok!
Take care of yourself, and let me know if there's anything I can do to help.
Yuck, that surgery does not sound like much fun. I hope that it will result in a healthier you and that all goes well with it. Your plan for the knitting sounds good - give yourself some unburdened time and hopefully, it will reignite your inspiration.
I'm sending you good energy and best wishes for a very speedy recovery!
Ack! That's scary. Hope your recovery is quick and as painless as possible. We are sending all warm thoughts from over here.
I hope your surgery goes well & you have an uneventful (but knit-busy) recoup time!
I hope you are okay, Dana! Best wishes on the surgery and the recovery! All that knitting time sounds like a great way to recover! :)
Just watch out for that knitting while on painkillers problem! I once thought I could knit a lace/cable combo scarf while on morphine...that does NOT fly.
Sending good thoughts. Have fun reading and knitting!
wishing you well before, during, and after the operation. to pass your recovery time, how about socks for charity? that way you won't have reminders
Enid in UKxxxxxxxx
Hope your surgery goes well!
Ooooh...I am sending buckets and buckets of good thoughts your way!
Sorry about the scary surgery, I'll keep you in my prayers. We'll miss you at SnB and if you need anything just let us know, you know how those women love banding together for something, so don't hesitate to ask.
Much love,
Valerie
I hope everything goes well with the surgery. Take care of yourself.
Post a Comment