Just a brief post today, partly because I didn't want the surgery post to be the only thing up here for the next two weeks! I wanted to mention an AWESOME new knit shop here in Chicago. It's called Knitwerks, and it's run by Cherrl Harmon. She is just the kind of person you imagine should have her own knitting store. She's competent and creative, welcoming and funny...and the store is a reflection of that.
I wish I'd taken my camera the first time I visited Knitwerks, but her website's got some pics. And, my stash enhancement will give you some idea of the selection:

Top right is a basket from Lantern Moon. Beautiful silk lining and a drawstring closure. I thought this would be great for knitting while prone - so I don't have to worry about runaway balls of yarn. Bottom right: Noro Kureyon. She's got Kureyon! I'm planning a multidirectional scarf with Karen Baumer's free pattern. Left hand side: this yarn is new to me. It's called Dream in Color, and it comes from Aurora, IL. It's springy and soft, with subtle mottled color effects. I'm going to make a Forest Canopy shoulder shawl with the berry color, and socks with the blue color.
So, what didn't I buy?! Cherrl's also got Rowan, Debbie Bliss, Fiesta, Interlacements, Blue Heron, and more! Plenty for you if you visit.
Later, y'all. See you soon...
UPDATED TO ADD: In case you've been wondering whether to pick up one of the two new novels about knitting, here's a review of both from the Christian Science Monitor.


10 comments:
Woohoo, another yarn store on the south side, not far from where I live! (and the pictures of it look beautiful)!
Maybe I'll tempt myself to clear out some more money by visiting tomorrow.
I'm glad I got to meet you Thursday! I will definitely check out that shop when I come back. I picked up several skeins of Dream in Color at Knitting Workshop on Friday. I love it!
Oooh. That berry-colored yarn is gorgeous. That will look great as a shawl.
I wanted to wish you happy surgery! I know this sounds weird, but I really like getting knocked out for surgery- it's a really odd dreamlike feeling (from my experiences, anyway). All my surgeries have been dental/jaw-related, so I'm hoping you're not getting jaw surgery. The surgery itself is not bad, but the 6 weeks of a liquid diet is the worst! :) Get some good rest and quality knitting time in, and make sure to read some good books! :)
Thanks for the tip on the new shop. I love the Kureyon! I hope you have a nice, pain-free convalescence!
BEAUTIFUL yarn!!! Thanks for the reviews!
I have a skein of that Dream in Color yarn in my bag all wound up and ready to be knit into some socks.
Good luck with the surgery and get lots of rest.
You've been in my thoughts all week! We're sending lots of good thoughts downtown and will keeping sendin' 'em! All will be well, and we'll be snarfing Letizia's goodies again before we all know it!
Please don't take too long with giving us an update on how you are doing!
Lucky you another LYS. I wish I had just one. Best wishes.
oh no! surgery! i'm just getting around to reading my posts and I hope everything went ok for you last thursday!
Post a Comment