Saturday, March 17, 2007

The Wearin' o' the Shawl!

It's Saturday, so it's time for a husband-enabled photo shoot! I couldn't seem to get good pics of the shawl by myself (no eyes in the back of my head), but today I got some help. See if this works - I'm just putting the thumbnails so you can click to see the big images.








I'm so happy with the way this turned out. I'm thinking about making another shawl for spring/summer, maybe out of silk. I bought Lace Style for some ideas and techniques, and I have a few other patterns stashed away as well. I particularly like Ella, Lace Leaf Shawl, Polly's Kiri shawl, and this lace shawl pattern by Meg Swanson (scroll down).

Next topic: St. Patrick's Day in Chicago! I'm not really up for braving the crowds downtown, but I'm celebrating in my own way:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Just regular coffee, folks! There will be actual Guinness later...

Have a great St. Patty's Day and a great weekend, everyone!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

So pretty!! Beautiful job.

Jenna said...

Wow, it looks wonderful! Congrats on your beautiful work. I like the coffee cup, Cobra has a similar poster that involves an ostrich. Enjoy the Guinness!

Anonymous said...

Wow, how lovely! What a beautiful piece of knitting; congrats!!

Anonymous said...

That shawl is gorgeous. The color looks fabulous on you!

Adrienne said...

That is SO beautiful!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous!
I can't wait to see your next piece of lace in silk. I made a Forest Canopy from a rayon yarn for my MIL last year and it was gorgeous. I love the drape of silk and rayon yarns.

WandaWoman said...

It's beautiful. I love it.

Jen said...

I found your shawl via a Flickr search - it is beautiful! I am a lace novice and have been contemplating this pattern in the Dream in Color yarn. I am wondering what needle size you used for the shawl and if you used more than one skein? Thanks, and again, your shawl is lovely!