
It's also been fun to use up small amounts of yarn left over from other projects. On the left is Rowan Kid Classic. A great yarn - very soft but still substantial. The burgundy is Elann's Peruvian Highland Wool. Even though this yarn is a little scratchy, it has a really nice 'bounce.' I've put this yarn back on my mental list of ones to use in the future. The light blue is Malabrigo. Incredibly soft, but it doesn't seem to pill too much. The last one is Karabella Aurora 8. I have a hard time getting gauge with this yarn because it's so sproing-y, but for something like this, it was perfect. This is a very smooth yarn to knit with. The big honking ball of red yarn is a full skein of Valley Yarns Berkshire. I should get a few squares out of it.
I wonder how many squares people will knit. I think it's possible that Laura (the afghan project organizer) will end up with a LOT more than she planned on. I guess it's enough to hope the response will meet the need.
Happy knitting, all!


3 comments:
Beautiful squares from a thoughtful person.
BTW, Nice to see you the other evening!
What an angel you are!! Thank you so very much - these squares are beautiful! I love that they're bright and colorful! I look forward to receiving them - thank you again. :)
What an idea! Imagine if we all did one?? Can I?
Post a Comment