Monday, June 25, 2007

Now, with more knitting!

Hello! Long time no post. My mom came to visit, so I was too busy sightseeing, shopping and gabbing to knit OR post! We had a ball. We even saw The Color Purple, which is playing in Chicago! I give it a two-thumbs up.

So after my mom's visit I was back to working on my Eyelet Cardigan. See, I've made some progress!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I love this pattern. The extremely well-written pattern and soft yarn has made this project smooth sailing. I just made my first-ever button band! Unfortunately, I can't put on the other one until I figure out the button placement. Figuring out the button placement will require...buttons. Not sure when I can pick those up, so the project may be on hold.

Speaking of buttons, Tender Buttons just closed up shop. Their building, which housed a number of boutiques, is going to be demolished so something else can get built there. I am hoping they will reopen eventually, but they say they have not found a location yet. To think I've lived here for two years (in the same neighborhood no less) and have NEVER gone there...hopefully I will get a second chance!

I've started on another project...for my new nephew! I haven't seen him in person yet, but boy, is he cute! Even though it's not sweater weather I was so excited to knit for him, so I'm making a 6-9 month size sweater.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


This is the Hooded Striped Top from Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino book. It's going to be sooo cute. I'm using the Baby Cashmerino and it knits up very easily and smoothly. You kinda have to watch the plies but it's still excellent.

I have bunches of other baby projects on deck, and some other project ideas. Lots of fun knitting to come!

5 comments:

Adrienne said...

Your top is beautiful!!! Which pattern is this??

sweetfigs said...

gaak! can't believe i didn't know about tender buttons temporary closure.

your nephew is a lucky little dude.

La Cabeza Grande said...

Love your sweater, Dana! Color, pattern - everything really works.

Grrr on the Tender Buttons news. Thanks for the info, though.

Anonymous said...

The cardigan is absolutely lovely. Great work!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that sweater is going to look amazing on you! I love the color.