Sunday, June 10, 2007

Weekend

I finally, FINALLY started the Eyelet Cardi from Blue Sky Alpacas! Monica and Gay helped motivate me to get this on the needles. It's a terrific pattern - the stitch pattern is really only two rows, and the Blue Sky Dyed Cotton is chunky enough to keep the project moving. I started and nearly finished the back on Saturday.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Free Stuff!

Last Thursday's KIP was so fun! I saw Mary for the first time in I don't know how long, welcomed a new person to the group (hi Molly!), and hung out with the usual suspects. It must have been my lucky day, because Mary gave me an extra copy of Lotta Jansdotter's Simple Sewing!! I had been eyeing this book, and it did not disappoint - it has TONS of well-designed, useful, and gift-worthy projects. Thank you Mary (and Carolyn)! It was so nice of you to think of me. And, Teresa was destashing as well - she brought a bunch of yarn and magazines to share. I scored these two Interweave back issues - there are some beautiful patterns in each, mainly nice warm pullovers. Excellent, excellent!!

Speaking of knitting magazines - I just bought the latest issue of Vogue Knitting, and was surprised to read that their editor is stepping down...but then I was excited to learn that the new editor will be Adina Klein! I've seen her on Knitty Gritty, and read her articles in Knit.1, and I really like her style. So now I have a crisis: do I subscribe to VK? And if so, do I dump Interweave? I kind of hate to, since Eunny will be the new editor, but two knitting mags seems like overkill since I never get rid of old issues. Decisions, decisions.

Hope you all have had a great weekend!

8 comments:

La Cabeza Grande said...

It was terrific seeing you Saturday, if only for a few moments!

Re: the sweater, it looks fantastic. I can't believe you knit that up so quickly. I've got to take speed knitting lessons from you, D!

Anonymous said...

it was great seeing you on Saturday. i'm glad i made it. the back of your Eyelet Cardi looks fantastic.

great new books and mags you scored. i bet your next sewing project will be great.

Anonymous said...

That is some fast knitting--the back of the top is coming along great! I subscribe to both knit mags; although I always see more in IK I want to make, Vogue is nice for inspiration.

Adrienne said...

It's beautiful!!!! can't wait to see more progress!

Unknown said...

Wow, the Eyelet Cardi looks great!

I'm a magazine addict. I don't toss mine either. I have no advice!

Amelia said...

Get rid of Interweave? With all the gorgeous patterns in there? I think not!!!! Mind you, I am less of a fan of VK all in all, they have some nice stuff though and I guess that things just might change with a new editor. I love the carigan, it's looking very comfy indeed. x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful knitting! Wow. And I loved seeing you *twice* in one *week*! Ah, that's so much better. Glad you like the book. I'm 99 percent sure I can make the next KIP and look forward to seeing you there.

goodkarma said...

I'm looking forward to seeing how both IK and VK change with the new editors coming on board. Currently, I have a subscription to IK and just pick up VK now and then when there are interesting projects.

Your new cardi is going to be beautiful! I love the stitch pattern.

I'm thinking of getting the Lotta Jansdotter book for a friend's birthday present. What's your opinion of the book?