Monday, September 10, 2007

Success!

You may recall that I was working on a project of my own design. I thought it was going to be too big, and I was considering ripping. I talked myself into finishing the project as I had first intended it, and then - if it wasn't right - I could rip it. Well, I'm SO glad I made myself finish it! (or at least, get it finished enough to try it on.)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
It fits!!

It's nothing too fancy, just a U-necked vest - but I'm proud that I figured it out myself. Now all that's left is the ribbing around the neck and armholes, to match the ribbing at the hem. I'll post a pic as soon as it's finished! I can picture the outfit now: brown tweed wide-legged pants, collared shirt with a small stripe or pattern, and some great shoes to finish it off.

11 comments:

Adrienne said...

You did a great job!!!

Harlem Purl said...

Such a classy look, very nice. I admire those who can design their own hand knits.

WandaWoman said...

It's looking good!

sweetfigs said...

Way to go Miss Knitwear Designer!

La Cabeza Grande said...

You should be proud of what you've done! It looks terrific on you, too.

Laura said...

Yay for knitting success! I am ALL about the vests so I like your project even more. Hurry up and finish the ribbing because it's getting cold enough to wear it!

Anonymous said...

good for you! i'm glad you decided to finish it. that certainly sounds like an outfit i'd wear. can't wait to see finished pics.

Deborah said...

Ok, where's the paypal tab??? I'm locked and loaded!

Michelle said...

So stylish!
Congratulations!

Unknown said...

Looks beautiful already!

Trope said...

Hooray! It will be fab.
Okay, the first design project is the hardest, right? Time to roll out the next one! Right after those finishing touches, of course.