Monday, November 15, 2004

The Poncho

So, I finally finished the poncho. As I said, it had to be re-sized, since the Yarn Girls "one-size-fits-all" pattern was not. Here I am, in all my poncho (and messy apartment) glory:





I'm pretty proud of myself, for re-sizing and finishing the poncho as well as learning how to use the self-timer on my camera. Ha.

Specs on the poncho:
Pattern: The Yarn Girls Guide to Simple Knits, Winter Poncho
Yarn: Cascade Pastaza (black) held with Colinette Mohair (Tapis colorway)

This project made me less afraid to work with mohair. I had Jo Sharp Rare Comfort in my stash to make a sweater I really liked, but when I tried to cast on, I made a big knot with the hairy yarn. But on Sunday I tried again, and I am making good progress:





The color is pretty accurate in this (overexposed) photo. I'm making this.

I am headed to New Orleans for work for the rest of the week, so the blog may be a little quiet. I hope to pop in at least one of the cool yarn shops there, so check back for stash enhancement photos! That's all for now - see you again soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should be proud indeed, your poncho is gorgeous!

Marta
http://www.marta-online.net/knitblog/