Friday, January 07, 2005

Blythe is Born

You may remember that I made a small pink sweater for my co-worker's baby. Well, baby Blythe was born on Wednesday! She is adorable!



Baby Blythe is 10 lbs 11 oz, raising the issue of whether the 3-6 mo size sweater will fit her. Sigh. Well, they say babies lose a little weight when they come home, so we'll see. Otherwise, that sweater may be warming a teddy bear instead of a baby. But hey, it's the knitty thought that counts, right?

Still working on my friend's poncho. I'm using DB Cashmerino Aran, in the Chocolate color. (BTW- why did they decide to discontinue this yarn? In my yarn wanderings I hardly ever see yarns this color.) At first, the yarn didn't seem exceptionally soft, but now that I have been knitting with it for a while, it really feels very nice. Hopefully there will be an FO photo soon!

Next up, a weekend trip to the City of Brotherly Love, Philadelphia PA. I hope to hit Rosie's Yarn Cellar, and maybe another shop if I'm really good. I also plan to eat cheesesteaks! More on all of this later.

Happy Friday, everyone!

1 comment:

littleboxes said...

good luck with the poncho.
-littleboxes staff