Monday, February 07, 2005

Luckier by the Minute

I am plugging away on Lucky. Surprisingly, even though I am working on US 3s, it seems to go pretty quickly. I am enjoying the clover lace pattern, and the increasing and decreasing isn't too bad. Now I'm closing in on the raglan shaping:



Dare I hope that Lucky can be a spring sweater, rather than a fall sweater?

Although normally I knit more than one project at a time, I find that this project is more than enough to keep me occupied. Maybe this project will spark a new direction in my knitting: more challenging projects, but fewer projects. We'll see.

Everyone is talking about the new Rowan - some websites have previews of the magazine. I don't want to look at the previews because it will spoil the surprise when it finally arrives in my mailbox!

I am still in search of the perfect yarn for Clapotis. I was at the DC Stitch 'n' Bitch meeting yesterday, and someone had yarn from Serendipity. It was sooooo soft. It was like touching a cloud, I kid you not! So, I may just pick a colorway that seems good and go for it. I'd better hurry - it was 55 degrees in Washington today! Some people are saying winter's over already. Having lived north of the Mason-Dixon line most of my life, I'm not so sure.

That's pretty much it on the knitting front. Work is pretty busy right now, so my posting has been (and will continue to be) somewhat sporadic. I have a big meeting coming up, and after that - a little R & R. I'm thinking about either getting out of town for a few days, or having a little day spa experience. Should be fun either way!

By the way - check out the birthday gift Amelia got! Totally beautiful. We should all have such friends!

**UPDATE** Okay, I am really inspired by Amelia's Simply Marilyn sweater. The DB Cashmerino Superchunky is super-expensive. I found some Cascade Ecological Wool at One Fine Yarn for $15 for a whopping 478 yards. So, I would only need 2 skeins to make this lovely sweater! I am wondering if it is reasonably soft and lightweight. Does anyone have experience with this yarn? Gimme a holler if you do!

2 comments:

littleboxes said...

Unfortunately, none of our staff members have any experience with this yarn.

General Ginger said...

Lucky is looking great!