Friday, June 10, 2005

New and Improved

So, I left the digital camera at home, or else I would be posting new and improved photos of the surprise item…but it was not to be. For those of you who looked, it looks very similar to the previous photo, just not off-kilter and with no stray strands peeking out.

I’m off to Chicago this afternoon, just for a quick overnight trip. My friend E. is having a baby, and I am going to her shower. There may be a little time for a yarn store trip before I head back tomorrow, but I don’t want to get my hopes up. I think the only one I’ll be anywhere near is Arcadia Knitting.

Do any of you get the Berrocco Knit Bits newsletter? I am subscribed, and today’s issue introduced a number of their fall yarns. The newsletter also has a feature called “Scarf Central,” which gives you ideas for combinations of yarns that make great scarves. Normally they don’t really interest me – they’re often a little too va-va-voom for my daily life. But when I saw this one, I thought – I have to have this!


Image hosted by Photobucket.com



This is Air, a fall yarn knit together with Jewel FX. If you click here, you can see the other, possibly even more wonderful color combinations.

Am I the same person who couldn’t stop griping about our rainy, cold spring, and now that summer has finally begun, I’m already excited for cold-weather accessories? Crazy.

Happy knitting, everyone! And don’t forget Knitting in Public Day, June 11! Everybody’s doin’ it…

1 comment:

Jenna said...

That's sad that you don't have a pic of surprise item, it looked fantastic last night! I want to figure out how to make one for myself. I really like berroco yarns, their patterns are very hip.

Have a great trip!