Blackberry: The only way I could love this more is if the gauge were smaller. I worry about the football player effect with such a bulky yarn. But the pattern is very stylish.
Cinxia: I can’t pronounce it, but I love it anyway! Such a simple and flattering shape. Not sure if I can do the three-quarter sleeves…I get chilly! But it is lovely nonetheless.
Revolution: This pattern is a breath of fresh air. The styling is very modern and I love the textured stitch as well. Only problem (for me, that is) is the complicated instructions - I can’t figure out why you need intarsia.
Ella: so lovely. This designer’s patterns always have such interesting constructions. I think my mom would love this one!
I was a little surprised to see this pattern included. In my mind, it is too similar to the Wavy Scarf pattern in a certain book. A designer I am not – but this is just my $.02.
Thanks for the Soleil comments, by the way! I appreciate it. It's so nice to see one's hard work pay off. Knitting has ground to a halt lately as I’m still searching for my next big project. I did some swatching to get started:

The brightly colored swatch is for a baby sweater; the blue-y one is the hand-dyed merino I bought at Maryland Sheep and Wool. I am searching for the perfect pattern for this very special yarn! It knits up at 4.5 sts per inch, and is a soft single-ply yarn. I have almost 1300 yards and I want to make some sort of cardigan/jacket-type thing. If you have any pattern ideas, please let me know!
Happy knitting everyone!


3 comments:
Soleil is just fabulous. looks goog on you, girl.
I also like many of the patterns from the new knitty, and I need to go back and look at them to see which ones I want to make.
The S&W yarn is gorgeous! If you want a very simple cardigan that will show off the yarn well, you can check out this pattern http://www.cosmicpluto.com/blog/?page_id=274
i think that the intarsia section in the revolution pattern is for information only, in case you want to add an intarsia section.
Post a Comment