I wanted to try orange, but my grocery store had a limited K.-A. selection. So, I used two packets of Lemon Lime, and a packet and a half of Changin’ Cherry (nice name).
When I started heating the yarn/Kool-Aid mixture, it looked like this:

Then, just like everyone said, the water got clear! So neat.

And finally, here’s a closeup of the resulting color, sort of a tonal spring green:

I think it turned out well! The only thing I would have done differently would be to tie the skein less tightly, or to shift things around a bit during the process so I wouldn’t have white spots where the yarn was bound. No biggy, though – this was just a fun experiment. I’d love to try hand-painting! But I’m a little nervous about the ite-whay arpet-cay in my apartment.
Anyway, a good time was had by all (okay, just me – my sweetie is out of town for a few days). BTW - I finished Simply Marilyn!! Pics coming soon. Have a great weekend, everybody!


4 comments:
Very cool result...
Is Changin' Cherry also green?
That is quite a lovely green, it will keep you thinking of springtime even as the weather gets cold..
i love the color. fyi, green is going to be hot next spring!
yes, my blocking board does fold up. it's 31" x 53" total, then folds in half for storage. there is also a smaller version available if you really need the space, but can probably only block two pieces at a time. i got mine at joann.com, but there are a couple of other places around on the net that have them.
Post a Comment