Saturday, February 25, 2006

My Better Pal Rocks (literally)

I have had so much fun participating in the Better Pal swap. This month was the big “reveal,” where you get to find out who has been secretly sending gifts picked especially for you. Before I tell you who, let me show you what

Image hosting by Photobucket


The pink bag was made by my BP herself! It has cool drawstrings, and as she suggests, would be a great way to tote around knitting projects in your work bag. I can’t believe she made it! I would really like to learn how to sew, and getting this great bag is fueling my zeal. There is also some ground coffee (organic!) and a tasty organic chocolate bar with a cool retro wrapper. The nubbly item in the front is an Avocado Massage Bar, fancy and heavenly-smelling soap. And last but very cool indeed – a skein of silk/cotton/wool yarn from Farmhouse Yarns. I can mention this now that she knows who I am, but I just picked out some Farmhouse Yarns for my Better Pal! It was all I could do not to take some home for myself – but now I’ve got my own stash to try out! And in a fun “Neapolitan” colorway, no less.

It turns out my Better Pal was none other than Rock Chick! RC, you spoiled me rotten – and sent calming words and thoughts my way at a stressful time in my life. I am so grateful for your thoughtfulness.

Oh crap – I forgot to photograph the beautiful card that was also included – I just discovered it by the computer, where I was looking up the website where you can buy them! You can check them out yourself at www.photoartcards.com. They are quite beautiful and I will be ordering some for myself and for gifts. I also have a sneaking suspicion that the photographer is a knitting blogger...but I'm not 100 percent sure.

I'm out of town for the next couple of days. I don't really like travelling for work, but it must be done. And in this case, it's nice to be included, so I won't complain. See you later, everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you liked the Farmhouse (so much you bought it for your BP!) And you are so right about the cards - Cara (also a BP participant) of January One is the photographer supreme. Is her work not gorgeous?

Sorry there wasn't any Utz this time - I couldn't remember what "flavors" I'd sent the previous times and was afraid I'd repeat. I think chocolate is a better stress reducer, anyhow. ;-)

Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderfully thoughtful package!

Have a great trip -- be safe.