Wednesday, February 01, 2006

What February 1st means to me

This year, it means there are exactly two months until I am a married woman. Anticipating marriage is a total rush, and also somewhat terrifying, but I see a future of contentment and joy too. No foolin'.

I don't have much of my own knitting to talk about today, so the real purpose of this post is to tell you how cool Indigo Muse's felted fortune cookies are. I mean, can you think of a more fun use of Cascade 220 and short rows? Go check them out if you haven't seen them yet!

I'm planning to make these for my bridesmaids. I bought jewelry rolls made of beautiful fabric when I was in Chinatown in San Francisco. Now I am buying unique necklaces for each of them, and I will probably get some other little gift to go in too. But the real treat will be to finish off the gift with those cool plastic carryout containers, and knitted fortune cookies with personalized fortunes! I can't wait!!

My mother's shawl continues apace. It's the only thing I'm working on now, so the end is closer every day. I am still working out the math for my first-ever sweater design, so as soon as that's completed, I'll cast on.

I also listened to my first podcast of Cast On by Brenda Dayne. It's a cool show. It's very different from Knitcast, which I also like. It's like the difference between Garrison Keillor and Fresh Air, for you NPR lovers. Both great in their own right - just different. It's nice to have a selection of knitting podcasts to chose from! Brenda says there are a bunch - does anyone know of other good ones?

Later, y'all. Hope all is well!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

wow! the big day is only two months away. good luck and don't make yourself too crazy! btw, i'm still procrastinating over here!

IndigoMuse said...

What a cool idea to use the fortune cookies for your bridesmaids. I'd love to see how everything looks put together. Enjoy the last few months of wedding planning. Don't sweat the petty stuff :)

Tanya

Anonymous said...

Those fortune cookies (and the other goodies, too) are soooo much cooler than the generic gifts I gave my bridesmaids!

As for the knitting podcasts, I've not listened to any -- right now I mostly listen to the ipod in the car with the girls, who would openly revolt at having to listen to someone talk about knitting, or at the health club, where I need fast loud music to keep myself moving.