Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Can't think of a good post title

I’m still here, really I am! I have just been so crazy. It’s funny how I think I’m so together, (wedding planning – piece of cake, no stress…) and then I go completely absent on the blog for like three weeks.

But I have been knitting a little, at least! I made a simple scarf with the Be Sweet yarn I told you about – just a whole bunch of stitches cast on, and garter stitch the whole way. It is so warm and soft! And once I got the hang of the loopy-ness of the boucle, it knit up just fine. Here’s a photo:


(And a closeup, because it makes me happy) Otherwise, I’ve been making more fortune cookies, which since I’ve shown you one we are facing diminishing returns to photography – but I think they look good enough for gift giving. Just a wee bit of sewing (tacking, as the pattern says) and they are good to go.

And now – I’m contemplating a new project! And from stash, no less! There’s a pattern in the new Interweave called Streakers Shrug – called Streakers because of the yarn called for, La Lana Wools Streakers. The yarn is dip-dyed, I think, so that one end is natural and the other is colored – and the pattern uses the light colored parts for knitted lace sleeve cuffs. I’m planning to use some Bartlettyarns wool in navy for the body, but then I was trying to decide whether to use a different color for the cuffs. Here’s a pic of the navy, along what I have in the stash that could be a contrasting cuff color:

Image hosting by Photobucket

I thought it would be springy but modern – although maybe the extra color makes it less versatile. What do you think?

Anyway, that's it for me tonight. Hopefully I'll post at least one more time before the wedding, though. If I can just get through this week at work (debatable!) I will be free to relax a bit and do some knitting, so maybe I'll have a progress shot to share. Til then - happy knitting, everyone!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The scarf looks so soft! The colors are great, too, because they are fresh and Easter-ish, but will still keep you warm.

As for the Streaker Shrug, I think the combination is a very nice one -- clean, interesting, and the dark blue is dark enough that it's practically a neutral. You'll be able to wear it with lots of things. I can't wait to see the finished project!

And if by some chance you don't post again before the wedding, I hope the day is everything you wish for. Congratulations!

Michelle said...

I like that shrug pattern, too! I like your color choices - the lace will probably be easier to see in the lighter blue. Hope the wedding planning continues to go smoothly!

Corinne said...

Hello, Dana!
It's April 1st! Congratulations, I wish you every happiness!

Anonymous said...

So, are you a Wedding Planner or are you planning a wedding?
I can't wait to see the shrug. Those are some nice looking yarns.
Oh, and the scarf looks cozy.
Knit on!