Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Got Hitched

I know this is a 'before' photo, but trust me: I got married on Saturday!

Image hosting by Photobucket
Me and my dad.


It was a wonderful weekend, nothing went wrong, everything was fun and laid-back. We laughed, cried, danced, hugged and celebrated with our friends and family. I can hardly believe how great it was, and that it's over. But I'm also relieved. More photos and details when we dig out of thank-you notes and laundry.

If I didn't appreciate this before, I do now: I live a charmed life. Hugs to all of you!

29 comments:

Shar said...

Congratulations!!!

amy said...

congratulations! and what a beautiful dress!

Erica Bunker said...

Congrats!

Saun said...

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Aaaww! Congratulations and best wishes!

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Dana, and many years of happiness ahead for you both!

Anonymous said...

Oh, congratulations to both of you! You look just gorgeous! I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures. :)

Trope said...

AWWW! I can't believe how young the crazy-lady-mind starts: I saw you in that wedding dress and wanted to cry. You're beautiful. I can't wait to see more pictures.
(Tired of uploading? You could, y'know, bring them to knitting. If that would be more convenient. Mwa ha ha!)

Anonymous said...

What a Beee-yoooo-tiful bride! And handsome dad, too. Congratulations to you and your new husband.

Corinne said...

Dana--you look beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!

Jenna said...

Mazel Tov! I hope you're recovering well and that your charmed life continues for many years!

Michelle said...

Hooray! Congratulations! Looking forward to seeing more pictures...you look gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

I have to de-lurk to congratulate you. You look so gorgeous and happy!

Anonymous said...

aaawwww, what a lovely picture. glad you had such a wonderful day!

Ruth said...

I love the picture. Congratulations!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so happy for you! I can't wait to see more pix...

Nik said...

ditto. i'm happy for you girl.

Kathleen said...

Congratulations! You look beautiful and you are the IMAGE of your dad, by the way!

AmyArtisan said...

Congratulations! It sounds like you had a wonderful day & weekend! :)

Melissa said...

congratulations and good luck! you look beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Yippee!!!! Congratulations!

You look absolutely stunning and radiant and joyful and everything a bride should be. Mr. Sturdyguy is a lucky man (which I'm sure he knows).

Anonymous said...

Just browsing the KnitBlog ring this morning and had to add my congratulations and best wishes! What a lovely and happy picture of you and your dad.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

You look beautiful! Every bride and groom should be as happy as you sound and as happy as you look in your photo!

Bonne Marie said...

Dana - you are so GORGEOUS and Joyful! Wishing you many, many years of wedded bliss forever, my friend...

Bring on de Pix!

Melissa said...

hmm, other suggestions instead of mohair for grannie smith. well, something laceweight, but i'm not quite sure what to suggest! maybe something with a little bit of "halo" to it, like an angora blend?

you shouldn't be afraid of mohair - it's really lovely and soft to work with. if you need to rip something out - just stick it in the freezer!

Andrea said...

Wonderful! You look beautiful.

karenology said...

Just came across your blog while surfing today. Many congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You look completely lovely and happy. Here's to a happy life for the two of you.