Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Hey from Dallas

Hi all,

I'm writing tonight from a hotel room near the Dallas/Fort Worth Airport. Yee-hah! I'm at a conference, and we had a banquet tonight at the Historic Stockyards in Fort Worth. Of course, I didn't take my camera! So I'll have to regale you with some funny signs I saw along the roads of DFW:

  • TCU: Horned Frogs Explore

  • Lt. Ralph Swearingin for Justice of the Peace, Tarrant County

  • Bud Sellers (what do they sell exactly? it looked like used cars, but who can be sure?)

  • Awesome Transportation (across the road from Bud's, which might explain the *awesome* name of this limo service)

I guess that's enough giggles for one night. Of course, air travel and hotel rooms mean only one thing: copious knitting time! I am working on the Green Gable top from Zephyr Style. After a few false starts (those pesky YOs!), it is swimming along:


Image hosting by Photobucket


I love this yarn! It is sooo bright - I even toned down the color a bit before posting this photo, so as not to blind you all! I think I bought way more than I need for this project, so hopefully I can exchange the remainder for a different color of this yarn to make another cute spring/summer top. On second thought - I should probably see how it wears first.

Anyway, not too much else to report here. Hope you are all enjoying the spring which has come your way, whether a lot or a little!

3 comments:

Jenna said...

Ah, Texas. I think you can see and hear lots of things there that you wouldn't anywhere else. That color is going to look absolutely stunning on you!

Melissa said...

texas is an interesting place - it's like they want to be their own country or something!

btw, for my pattern drafting, i do it all longhand. in the past i have used a program available from the knitting fiend, but i think it's easier to just do the math - but then again i was always a math geek!

Anonymous said...

Oh! I love the color -- you are going to look so fabulous! Knit faster!