Monday, October 09, 2006

Yee-Hah!

I was in the Big D this weekend...Dallas. We were there for a wedding which was mostly Vietnamese with a little Texas thrown in. Exhibit A:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Me on the mechanical bull. On my first try, I was on for all of 4 seconds. On the second try (shown here), I made it to about 35 seconds. Putting an arm up in the air seemed to help, but that thing can really whip you around!

And last week, I finished a hat! This one is notable because it actually fits me! See?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


This pattern is from Exquisite Little Knits by Iris Schreier and Laurie Kimmelstiel. In the book, it's done with Karabella Aurora 8 and a Blue Heron Beaded Rayon - I subbed an orphan skein of Koigu Kersti for the latter. I think the seed stitch makes it stretchy enough to fit easily. It's done on pretty large needles, too - so this could be a good pattern for holiday gifts.

That's all for now - I'm off to enjoy the last gasps of the holiday weekend. Ciao -

5 comments:

Deborah said...

What an unexpected treat! sombrero y bucking bronco! You go girl!

Jenna said...

That's a scream that you rode that mechanical bull. Perhaps you've discovered a hidden talent...

Cute hat!

Melissa said...

nice hat and great pic of you on the bull!

Anonymous said...

Love the bull riding pic! Just found you and I really like your blog! I look forward to reading more in the future!

Scoutj said...

Love the bull picture! I've always wanted to do that.