Anyway, that just gave me more time to make progress on my sweater. Here's what I've been up to:

This is the front, pre-blocking; I've also finished the sleeves. I'm now working on the back, and then it will be time to sew up this puppy!
This is not my own design by any stretch - it's more of a 'pinch of this, ounce of that' from a number of inspirations. This project has given me an even greater appreciation for people who design their own patterns from scratch! If I were to do it again, I would move the lace panel over so I could have done another decrease or two at the neck. (I didn't really think about that beforehand.) I'm still not sure how the neckline is going to pan out - I wanted a simple boatneck, maybe a row of crochet - but if it falls off my shoulders I will have to do something a bit higher to cover up the decreases.
So, I should have an FO shot for you soon. This weekend, though, I will be occupied: my best buddy M. is coming to visit from San Francisco! So I am really looking forward to that. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
(Blogger, don't eat this post!)


3 comments:
Sweet. The color is nice too, should look beautiful on!
I love that lace panel.
looks great! i'm curious to see what the finished product will look like.
i thought it was strange bloglines listed your site as having 29 updates! it must be blogger beta giving you problems. in fact, it almost wouldn't load this comment form!
Post a Comment