- WE MIGHT GET THE OLYMPICS! GO CHICAGO!!
- Cupcakes from Sarah's Candies. This place has some of the best cupcakes I've ever had. My husband and I are regulars - they even know our order. :)
- A movie. We saw The Lookout. That Third Rock kid was pretty good. Definitely fun to watch.
- A sale at Joann's! See below for my great deal.
- The Bleeding Heart Bakery, which I discovered while waiting for the bus this afternoon. It is the only USDA-certified organic bakery in the country! Tasty ginger scones, too...
- Sunshine! It seems spring may have finally come to Chicago.
So, what did I get at Joann's? This, for 50% off:

Tabletop Ott-Lite! Sewing seems to strain my eyes, and I've heard lots of good things about these. We'll see if it helps.
The Kidsilk Haze shawl project is going great. I've gotten more comfortable working with the yarn, so my tension is evening out. I am totally addicted to this project...I can't put it down! I've knit about 12 inches so far:

Adrienne asked what size needles I'm working on - I'm using US 7s. The pattern called for 8s, but mine were not pointy enough. Even though the yarn is very fine, visible progress is much faster than I would have thought. I guess the mohair fills it out a bit. I will have to block it though - it won't be long enough as is. And it will look better anyway once blocked, just to even out the stitches.
Anyway, hope everyone is currently having a great weekend. Happy knitting!


4 comments:
Sounds like an all around lovely weekend! :) It has been great having the sun back here in Chicago again. :)
Score on the Ott light! My eyes got a break at the Bohus workshop over the weekend -- we had lots of bright sunshine streaming in and no need for Ott lights. :)
The scarf is coming along nicely. You're addicted to Kid Silk Haze now, aren't you?
Enjoy the weather and your Ott-lite!
Bleeding Heart Bakery offers a discount to members of the Chicagoland Bicycle Federation, FYI.
Post a Comment