
Basted & Pinned

Taking Shape

All Over but the Hand Sewin'
It's not perfect, but I wouldn't be embarrassed to carry it, either. This bag is the perfect size for a weekend 'go bag' - snacks, sunscreen, book/magazine, knitting - all your necessities! The shoulder straps are the perfect length too.
As a sewing newbie, I give this pattern two thumbs up. The main challenge for me was stitching around a curve - but the more I practice, the easier it is. It also helped me figure out how many fabric layers my sewing machine will go through before it starts whining. :)
I look forward to making a few more of these bags. I would love to give some as gifts, with the fabric colors/patterns customized for the recipient.
I have also been knitting! The lion's share of a sweater has materialized this week - I'll post pics when the sleeves are done!
Hope everyone had a terrific weekend!


9 comments:
Great work! I was a sewbie, somewhere in-between learning knitting as a young girl and then re-re-re disovering it again as a not-young girl. Yet, my sewing roots really help the knitting. Enjoy!
The bag looks great & will be so fun to carry around this summer - congrats! :)
Blimey! What a great bag.
Very very cute bag!!!!
Hey Sewbie, that bag's got a great shape & colors!
What a lovely tote bag! Yes, sewing does go a whole bunch quicker than knitting...
Wow and just think you were just a baby sewer a few months agao. So impressive!
i love your new bag. so cute!
Cute bag! I love the polka dot liner...so in right now. I could probably not pull off sewing a bag yet. I can barely hem my own jeans! :)
Post a Comment