Also, thank you THANK YOU for the nice comments on my sewing project! They were so fun to read. Yes, I do feel like I've come along way - definitely in my confidence with sewing, and somewhat in my technique.
In other news - my knitting world is somewhat monotonous of late. I finished the knitting on Flair, save picking up the neckband, so that's set aside for some quiet couch-side knitting. Other than that, the only project I have going is the lacy Kidsilk Haze shawl. It keeps getting longer, but there's really no reason to post a pic.
So, I'll share some fun colors instead. I am planning to make a scarf for my mother-in-law. She requested blues and purples, so here's what I've got:

This is Dream in Color yarn - the left Colorway is Nightwatch and the right is Some Summer Sky. It doesn't show up so well on my monitor, but the darker one has plummy purples in it. I'm thinking about making a LMKG Chevron scarf...but I'm looking for other ideas as well. I'm also thinking about whether these are the right colors...I may need to look for something with more purple since that's what she asked for. On the other hand, she does have beautiful blue eyes, so maybe I should stick with these.
Also, I have a new toy:

I bought this Ashford niddy noddy so I could reskein some previously-knitted yarn - I know you don't need a tool to do this, but my back-of-chair attempts were wholly unsuccessful. And, the niddy noddy was under $15 from Webs. Plus, who could argue with how beautiful this yarn looks against the smooth wood?
One other thing - I'm madly in love with this cardigan. I may have to rip this off for fall. We'll see if the swingy sweater trend continues!
Hope you are all enjoying spring!!


2 comments:
It must be nice to have a MIL who appreciates your handknitting.
That sweater would look smashing on you, Dana!
BTW, nice to see you and the Mr. at Looptopia last night :o)
Post a Comment