Thursday, May 17, 2007

Thoughts

Have you noticed that the twinset has faded almost completely? Other than the most staid versions on the Talbots website, no one is even selling them. Maybe I am too classic (read: boring) in my taste - but I LOVE a twinset. There are so many pretty cardigans these days, so it would be easy, but it seems that ala Anthropologie, the trend has moved away from looking 'matchy-matchy' in favor of a more thrown-together, eclectic style. I like that style too, but - I'm waiting for the fashion pendulum to swing the other way...

...I'm going to San Francisco next week, and this time - I'm going to go to Artfibers! I've never made it there because I always seem to show up on a holiday weekend, but this time we will arrive Friday morning and I'm going there first! I think I may spring for some Kyoto. Artfibers will also design a pattern for the yarn you buy...so I will be able to make something fabulous, no doubt!

There's a great picture of a completed Eyelet Cardigan on KPixie's blog here. Tempting, no?

Also, I started a LMKG Chevron Scarf! I am totally addicted. I love the interplay of the flashes of color in the hand-dyed yarns I'm working with. Here's a progress shot:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The colors are hard to photograph, but this is pretty close. Hopefully it's not garish. I've decided to use all my sock yarn for more of these scarves! I may never knit another pair, but I can scarf along with the best of 'em!

6 comments:

Corinne said...

Oh, I'm so jealous! I love it there--you must also check out Noe Knit on 24th st, and the Mexican grill a few doors down. I also love, love North Beach with all the cafe latte and pastry!

La Cabeza Grande said...

You will adore ArtFibers. Make sure you check out the back room deals, too.

If you can, stop in at ImagineKnits, too. Also worthwhile.

Happy travels, D!

Karen B.

p.s. I hear ya on the twinsets. I have 4 or 5 and they're starting to look a little faded. If only I had the stamina to knit my own :o)

Anonymous said...

Uh, this is a knitting blog...you are a knitter...I say, knit your own twinset! Have fun in SF, from one who is very envious!

Anonymous said...

i, too, love twinsets. i can't count the colors i have in my closet. i'm with martha and i may knit my own.

your chevron scarf is smashing. i love it's vibrancy. i think i'll be starting mine this weekend. i'm actually going to wind my first skein of STR. remember i have 20. ;)

Linda said...

Regarding the twinsets, have you tried Lands' End? I know they're not trendy, but they always have twinsets.

Linda

Anonymous said...

I don't live too far from SF and hadn't heard of Artfibers, so sometime I'll have to check it out. Have a great trip here - our weather has been pretty nice lately! Can't wait to see what you decided to buy and make.