Thursday, September 20, 2007

Craftivity (for want of a better title)

Hi all! Thanks so much for your encouraging comments on my little project. It gives me so much energy to try something new, and an even bigger boost since it's going well. Hopefully I can finish it this weekend.

In other project news: I'm still working on my Edie sweater. I need to finish the shoulder and neck shaping, and then I'll starting blocking. It seemed like a good idea to wait to block until all the pieces are finished, in case there are some minor sizing issues. I'm also working on the Pompom Tie Cardi I posted about a while ago. The Shelridge Farms is great to knit with, but the dyeing is a little inconsistent. I've looked around on Ravelry and on the Shelridge website, and no one else seems to have this problem, so maybe I just got a bad dyelot. I ripped out one piece because the tones were just too different than the back piece I already finished. Sigh.

All of that to say...I needed a quick project! I just finished a Montego Bay Scarf, featured in the Summer Interweave Knits:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The yarn is Blue Heron Rayon Metallic, and aside from the fact that it's so dang hard to photograph, I have NOTHING but good things to say about this yarn. It's really soft, but also sturdy (I tugged on it a lot to block it). The metallic thread running through it makes it gorgeous and shimmery - not gaudy. All the colors work together and there was no pooling. It has great yardage, too.

This scarf is going to someone close to me who could use a little pick-me-up. I hope it will remind her that *she* has a sparkle all her own, no matter what she wears.

Hope to see some of you at knitting tonight!

7 comments:

Kessa said...

Beautiful colors! Quick knit projects are the best!

La Cabeza Grande said...

What a nice, thoughtful thing to do! I'm sure she'll totally appreciate it.

monica said...

It's very nice! And you are very sweet!

WandaWoman said...

That is gorgeous! I love how it turned out.

AmyArtisan said...

The scarf looks beautiful - such a great combinations & the bit of sparkle adds the right amount of fun to it! :)

Laura said...

I agree on the yardage and non-pooling of Blue Heron. And it's always good to support a MD yarn co.!

The shawl looks gorgeous!

Knitting Bandit said...

Very pretty.