I'm only half kidding...I have been spending LOTS of time on the site. Browsing through projects was time consuming, but that was NOTHING compared to when I discovered the forums and started posting. But as great as Ravelry is, it doesn't take the place of my own little home on the web where I can talk about whatever I want.
Knitting has been abundant lately. I recently finished the sweater you see here - the Hourglass Sweater from Last-Minute Knitted Gifts, done in Pear Tree 8-ply. Very soft, in a beautiful pale spring green. It's one of my best fitting sweaters yet. Now I'm working on the Radiance Cabled Jacket from Webs - I'm using Blue Sky Alpacas Suri Merino. (it's like that shampoo commercial: because I'm worth it!) I changed the cable from braided one to a - er, less twisty one. I don't know what it's called. Anyway, this is a terrific project in a beautiful (if sheddy) yarn). It's my project for NaKniSweMo - Knit a Sweater in November! I'm up to the armholes with one sleeve down. Moving right along!
Speaking of which - big new thing! New job! I start in December. It's a job I've wanted for a long time, but the timing never worked out. It's also more in line with my education. I'm REALLY excited. And, I get a couple of weeks to relax before I start! Can we say lots of knitting!!?I hope everything is well with all of you. More posts and more pics soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



21 comments:
Welcome back! I'd been wondering what had become of you. Although I don't often comment, I do read your blog fairly often. Congrats on the new job!
Monica in MD
Your hourglass sweater looks great! That's what I'm working on for Nakniswemo, but I'm not nearly as far along as you are on your sweater. And congrats on the new job!
Your sweater looks wonderful! And Ravelry is a time suck for sure! LOL
Your Hourglass is beautiful! And it fits you perfectly. Congrats on the new job!
great news about your job. I love hearing about people enjoying their jobs which I need to hear to get psyched to go back to work after being home for nearly 20 years (aw, geez, i sound sooo old)!
congrats on the new job and great sweater! i love that pear tree yarn! you're so lucky to have lots of knitting time. i'm very jealous ;)
your sweater looks great. you've inspired me to finish mine. it's been a WIP for 2 years.
congratulations on the job. will you still be in the downtown area?
That Ravelry is a time thief, isn't it? Welcome back to blogland and congrats on the new job!
Cool sweater!
Welcome back from Ravelry. :)
Ooooh! Your hourglass is so very lovely!
Congrats on the new job!
Hope to see you at KIP on Thursday!
Wow, congratts on the new job! That's awesome. The new sweater looks great too!
Yea! for new lovely sweater and happy new job! that sounds great. I have to admit a little jealousy too - you have so much free time to knit now! I want that! :)
Cheers~
Lovely sweater! And congrats on the new job! I'm glad you're still blogging.
Congratulations on the beautiful sweater and on landing your dream job!
And there is really so much going on in that other world known as Ravelry :o)
Congrats on the new job and lovely sweater! Also, welcome back!
Congratulations!!! And please wear that sweater tonight if at all possible -- I have the book but would love to see one up close (no worries if it's unavailable for its KIPdebut, of course)
Yay! Congrats on the job!
That's how I felt when I first got into Ravelry. I kept forgetting to post because I felt like I had already updated everyone about my knitting.
Anyway, the sweater looks fabulous and good luck on the next one!
Gosh, all the things we can blame on Ravelry! Welcome back. Love the sweater, too. Enjoy your time off.
I so agree with you about Ravelry.
Good luck with the new job.
Congrats on the job. So happy for you! Hope to see you at a KIP soon.
Post a Comment