We are getting precariously close to Christmas, but I have noted a strange lack of holiday spirit on my part. Having observed this, yesterday I decided to listed to some Christmas music at work, to try and get the Christmas juices flowing. No dice. And it was even Ella Fitzgerald's "Ella Wishes You a Swinging Christmas," which is about as far as you can get from the awful, jangly, overbearing stuff they play in the department stores. Speaking of department stores, I began my holiday shopping at one last night. Again, it was a completely lackluster experience. I just felt like I was in there to "buy stuff." Total bummer.
Happily, though, knitting is proving to be the one thing that I find festive about the season this time around. I am making lots of holiday gifts, which feels fun because I know that most of the recipients have no idea what I am planning for them. Also, a colleague at work is having a baby, and I decided to make a tiny pink sweater for the occasion. (It's almost finished, and I will post a photo shortly.)
So I guess all is not lost for this holiday season. How wonderful that the craft of knitting, and the delight of making gifts by hand is reviving my holiday spirit.
Tuesday, December 07, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment