
I am using Dale of Norway Svale, of which Lolly spoke so highly. She’s right that it is somewhat splitty, but it makes such a smooth fabric you can forgive that. Actually, the reason for the splittiness (multiple parallel strands) is the same reason, I think, that it evens out your stitches and creates this great fabric.
In other knitting news, I have been commissioned (okay, nudged) by a close friend to knit a sweater for her sister’s next baby. I sent M. a few sweater ideas to choose from, and miraculously, she picked the one I a) liked the best and b) already had the yarn and the pattern for! I will be making the Matinee Coat from the Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino collection. Here’s a pic:

I’m not using Baby Cashmerino though – I will be using some Louet Opal I got at Purl last month. Apparently, it is machine-washable and dryable - great for babies!
I also have some big news to share with you all…but I need a little more time to write a post about it. Til then – happy knitting!


3 comments:
Ooo, I love that baby sweater. It will be fun to see it knit up.
I love the baby project...can't wait to see the yarn you're making it with!
I've made this in the baby cashmerino, which is lovely to knit with.
Post a Comment