Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Nothin' but Knit

Hope everyone enjoyed the interview with Shobhana. I think Yarnplay is a stellar book, and you should all run out and get a copy - or make your local library buy one so you can borrow it.

Other than the interview, it's been a little quiet here on the blog. I've had a little startitis, because I had thought I'd be making tons of knitted holiday gifts at this time. However, upon further reflection, I've pretty much made all the gifts I'm going to this year, for the people I know will appreciate them, and that's about it. No need to break my neck on something that's beautiful to me, but not to the recipient. Onward!

This is what's new in my corner of the world:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

1) A ribbed scarf, in Malabrigo Tuscan Sky. Wow, is this stuff great! It's a completely different animal than Manos...so much softer, more evenly spun (although thinner over all), more yardage...it's awesome. And the color in this picture? Competely accurate - like a beautiful blue sky with light, puffy clouds. I thought this would be a gift, but we'll see about that...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

2) Jo Sharp Shawl Collared Cardigan. I've just started on the fab cardi pictured on the cover of this magazine. Here's a better picture. I'm using Jaeger Luxury Tweed. It will take forever to finish, so I've started on another project:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

3) Swatches for a chunky sweater. It's heavily inspired by the Rusted Root pattern from Zephyr Style. I'm using Cascade 128 - but not tweed, in a color called Maize (the bottom swatch). This yarn is so soft and springy. Should make a nice, cozy sweater.

BTW - The red yarn above is Berkshire from Webs Valley Yarns line. I bought some to try out this new yarn, and I thought I'd make a Red Scarf at the same time. I think it's meant to be like Lamb's Pride and it sort of is, but it's softer. Very smooth to knit with and less hairy than Lamb's Pride. Good price, too!

Well, that's all I've got for tonight. Hope all your projects are flying off the needles!

5 comments:

Deborah said...

My International Scarf Exchange scarf that I received (pictures forthcoming) was knit it Malibragio!

Your's look warm and should go nicely with your tones.

AmyArtisan said...

Love the Malabrigo scarf - the blue is beautiful! I picked up Emerald at Genuine Purl & thinkn it will be a scarf for me. :)

TK said...

Malabrigo is nice. I made a shawl for my grandma out of it and she carries it around like a blankie. I think I may have to get that Jo Sharp pattern book. You've inspired me.

littleboxes said...

Love that Luxury Tweed.

Anonymous said...

I'm liking the shawl collar sweater from Jo Sharp! What are you thinking for your Rusted Root inspired sweater? I love how that lace pattern turns out, so I'm excited to see what you come up with!