Monday, November 13, 2006

Some Knitting News

It seems like there is so much going on in knitting, and I am forever learning about more cool things - so I imagine some of you feel the same way. So here are a few tidbits I've come across lately:

Knitalongs:
  • Knit lace in Lacevember! http://lacevember.blogspot.com/

  • Knit with Noro this month in Norovember. Sign up at http://minxknits.blog-city.com/

Lion Brand now has luxury yarn! They are offering three new yarns, one in cashmere, and two mohair/silk blends (the latter are even hand-dyed)! What is the world coming to?! (grin) Check it out here.

I love shopping online at Purl in New York City. Now they have a blog, the Purl Bee, that explores all kinds of quilting and knitting projects, techniques, new products, and even reviews of art exhibits and books. Recent posts have discussed vintage quilt designs and the work of Elizabeth Zimmerman.

I have been waiting for this! Vermont Organic Fiber Company is offering organic knitting wool, called O-Wool.This yarn is spun from 100% Certified Organic wool and is processed in accordance with the Organic Trade Association's Fiber Processing standards. They have a policy of not buying wool from farms where sheep are mulesed, meaning this yarn is cruelty-free. O-Wool comes in a great set of rich colors and has good yardage.

And a special newsbite for Chicagoans: The MCA, will be hosting Stitch n Bitch once again, on the first Tuesday of every month from November through May from 5:30-8 pm in the café. I went once and had a great time - I'd love to do it again.

And in my personal knitting news, the gold and leafy sweater is done! It just needs ends woven in and a photo shoot! Very exciting...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the word about Purl's blog.

sweetfigs said...

Thanks for reminding me about Lacevember. I'm going there next.

But I'm coming back here to see the results of the gold sweater's photo shoot. FO baby!

Deborah said...

How's the sewing project going? A friend has taken pity on me and is offering personal lessons.... Look out!

AmyArtisan said...

Thanks for all the updates! :)

Now that I'm back in Chicago I'll have to check out the MCA SnB one of these days. :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the sweater! Can't wait to see it. And thanks for the O-Wool news -- I've already wandered around that site. But onto what's really important: wanna make a date for the Dec. MCA thing? I'll have to double-check, but I'm pretty sure I could make it.