Monday, September 20, 2004

Just a Little Knittin'

True to my word, I took Rosehip out for a spin on Friday, and I have indeed changed my mind about her. First, it helped that my dear b.f. thought it looked good (thanks, sweetie!). Second, the raglan seams are good for square shoulders because the seams are on a diagonal. And finally...(drum roll) it makes the 'front porch' look pretty good, don't you think? (Ha.)

Anyway, I recommend the Summer Tweed. It is perfect for those humid summer days when you spend time outside as well as in frigid air conditioning indoors. I was perfectly comfortable outside, as well as in the movie theater, without a cardigan! (For those of you who know me, you know what a feat this is.) And I've read that S. Tweed gets softer with washings - it's already soft, so this is an extra-added bonus.

So, what else is up in sturdygirl's world? Just waiting for my order of DB Cashmerino Aran in the discontinued Chocolate shade, to make the Yarn Harlot's Very Harlot Poncho for my dear friend M., as promised. I don't know why Knitting Fever would discontinue this beautiful shade of chocolate brown - I've hardly found any other luxury yarns in this color. I ordered from The Knitting Garden, which is usually pretty fast but I never know exactly when it's coming. I can't wait to get started! I had planned to give it to her as a Hanukkah gift, but if I wait that long, she won't get much of a chance to wear it this year.

That's pretty much it for today. Tomorrow I will try to take some photos of the current WIP, a cute ribbed cardi made with Karabella Aurora 8. Til later, happy knitting!

No comments: