Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Rainy Wednesday

Today is a dreary Wednesday in Washington, DC. But I am happy to report that, save weaving in ends, I have finished Rosehip! Here are some photos:









I think the project turned out well, but I'm not sure I like the way it looks on me. For starters, I think the raglan sleeve/neckline combo makes my shoulders look even broader. And the sweater feels roomier than I had anticipated, both in the body and in the sleeves. When I look at the Summer Tweed pattern book, many of the sweaters are roomy under the arms and along the body - so I think that's how it's supposed to be...but I'm not convinced. Although now that I've looked at the pictures, it looks better than I thought. Maybe if I take Rosehip on a little outing with friends, I will make up my mind.

In other news, I recently received my free Rowan subscription gift. They were out of them when I received my first magazine, so it just arrived. I did get the placemat pattern and Linen Drape yarn, but the colors are different than everyone else's:





(whine) And as you can see, one of the colors is an off-white - bad for placemats! So, this may go directly to the stash, do not pass go, and left to languish until a yarn swap comes along.

Well, I should wrap up soon and get back to work. But first a few items I am soon to knit or mulling over:

-The Pink Lady bag from Designs by Shelley
-Some sort of cozy brown cardigan with lace or other intricate stitches(using Rowan Calmer? Something soft and fuzzy? Not sure yet.)
-Socks! I have GOT to get started on these Christmas gifts. Sigh.
-Poncho - not only for dear friend, but for me! I need an understated, though special yarn.

Ta ta!

2 comments:

littleboxes said...

An informal poll of the littleboxes staff shows 100% for "sweater looks pretty damn good" and 0% for "Sweater is poopy."

Anonymous said...

Your boyfriend's sister's baby girl thinks your sweater is awesome & looks wonderful on you!! Although she secretly believes pink is always the best color in the world & of course, thinks the sweater would look cute on her someday (like when she is out of diapers)!

P.S. Love your website!
P.P.S. Baby girl will also keep the socks a secret from Grandpa!