Thursday, September 02, 2004

Thinking about Fall

I have finished knitting all the pieces for Rosehip, and plan to sew her up over the holiday weekend. Of course, it's only now that I am starting to think that the sweater's design may not be ideal for someone with shoulders as broad as mine. Well, I'll have to just put it together and see. And if it doesn't work for me, I'm sure I can find someone to palm it off on. I definitely warmed up to the Summer Tweed, though. At first, I thought this project would be one for the Great Pile of Unfinished Objects, but then I started liking the crunchy texture of the yarn. And I do think its weight will be perfect for the transition to fall.

Speaking of fall, I have my next project all picked out. I'll be using Karabella Aurora 8 (my maiden voyage with this legendary yarn) to knit this:







It's sort of a difficult pattern, what with the curvy cardi front, but I am trying to upgrade my knitting skills and am looking for a challenge.

Next: a photo of me in my finished Rosehip! Pretty exciting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey gal--cool new project you've got going there. I like the curvy front...

Just FYI, the links to the left don't seem to be working so well...
--Ms. Feverish

Maktaaq said...

For some reason I thought your group was called the "Silver Spring Kittens." Then I reread that slowly.

Great blog! I am just starting to learn how to knit myself and was invited to join this group: http://knittingandbeer.blogspot.com/