In other news, I finished an easy scarf from the Noro Transitions. I ended up not doing the horizontal type scarf, because I thought the colors looked really strange together in long stripes. Here's what it looks like before knitting

and after knitting.
This was my second experience with Noro. The first one went okay - I used Silk Garden and Cash Iroha for a long horizontal knit scarf. But I think the color-striping thing wasn't so obvious, because the Cash Iroha is solid-colored. It would be nice, I think, for the colors to repeat in the skein, so you can make something more balanced looking. Not sure what I will do with this scarf. I don't know who on my holiday list would appreciate it. It may to go Food & Friends; it would certainly be nice and warm.
Well, that's it for today. Oh - I almost forgot. Does anyone know if Nigella is a knitter? Check out the cover of her latest book:


1 comment:
what a cute little baby knit and that container is just perfect. that nigella cover is pretty cool. i love what she is wearing. i have all of her books. i'll have to get her new one. not sure if she's a knitter.
froggyknits.com
Post a Comment